This class teaches your dog the foundations to targeting, while helping them find their feet!
Your dog will learn:
- Front Feet Targeting – added on a verbal cue
- Hind Feet Targeting – added on a verbal cue
- Ipsilateral Feet Targeting – both sides on a verbal cue
- Nose to Hand Touch – with a verbal cue
- Chin Rest – with a verbal cue
- Focus (look at handler) – with a verbal cue
We will solidify your dogs confidence in “finding their feet” by training these paw targets from all angles – Stepping forwards, Stepping backwards, and even Sidestepping!
This class will improve your dogs body awareness, proprioception, confidence, coordination, core stability & muscular strength while teaching them the body awareness foundations for more advanced canine fitness exercises.
You will need:
- Front Feet Target (a low level target that your dog can comfortably place both front feet on)
- Rear Feet Target (a low level target that your dog can comfortably place both rear feet on)
- Ipsilateral Feet Target (a low level target that your dog can comfortably fit both LEFT or both RIGHT paws on, at the same time.)
Live classes run weekly for 6 weeks via Zoom. Following the live class, the class recording will be added to a google drive folder (in case you miss the live class!).
A bonus training PDF is sent out each week with further training notes and individual videos of each of the exercises, to help your dog solidify the exercises each week. It is highly recommended that you and your dog practice the exercises throughout the week to help them solidify their new skills!
PLUS – A private Facebook group for additional trainer feedback and group support!