Part of the fun of the ob-STAY-cle race is getting to explore with your dog and finding creative outdoor obstacles to use for each of the canine fitness exercises. I encourage you to use your creativity and switch up the outdoor obstacles as often as possible!
There are tons of examples posted in our Facebook group, but some of my favorites ob-stay-cles include rocks, logs, benches, stairs, tires etc.
Playgrounds may be used if playground rules permit, but please be respectful and if any other persons/children approach to use the playground it is recommended that you move your training elsewhere both for the safety of yourself, your dog, and others.
If your dog requires an exercise modification (or if you are unsure) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Reinforcement Based:
- Absolutely no prong collars, choke/slip collars, shock collars, or other form of aversive allowed in any of the submissions, within our Facebook group, or in any correlation with Sit Stay Squat or Ob-STAY-cle.
- Treat lures are okay, but we do need the dog to be able to pay attention to what they are doing for their safety (and to reap more body awareness benefits!)
Receiving your medal:
All 11 ob-stay-cles must be submitted before December 1, 2021 and approved by Sarah Keller to receive your medal. There are limited spots available therefore registration payment is required in full prior to participation. Medals are only awarded with proof of completion of all 11 ob-stay-cles. Completion medal pickup may be arranged at any local Sit Stay Squat class, or shipping arrangements can be made. The client is responsible for all shipping fees.
- Please read over correct form for each of the exercises
- Avoid all slippery surfaces (tile, hardwood, wet grass etc)
- Inspect all obstacles prior to the dog performing their exercise to ensure that the obstacles are safe and free of broken glass, nails, pebbles etc.
- It is recommended that dogs wear a comfortable fitting harness with a back clip so that their humans can easily spot them during their exercises
- Retractable leashes are highly discouraged
- This ob-stay-cle race is designed for healthy dogs with no prior disease or injuries. Veterinarian approval is always recommended before starting an exercise program
- Both puppies & senior dogs can participate in ob-stay-cle but may require exercise modifications or substitutions. Please contact for more info.
- Puppies <6 months old should not jump higher than wrist height; Puppies <18 months old should not jump higher than elbow height.
The participant assumes all risk and responsibility pertaining to any injuries that may occur.